Wednesday, October 10, 2012

what would we do with out grandmas and papas?!

Mom graciously took Gracie for the 24 hours I was tethered to monitors on the Labor & Delivery floor while they monitored me and the baby. I have felt an overwhelming gratitude for family and friends and their generosity in our little family's time of need. Justin and I have been so blessed with amazing parents and siblings who jump to the occasion and offer help when needed. I know that if his mom and dad lived closer, Gracie would be spending LOTS of time with Grandma's and Papa's right now! (We can't wait for the next time we get to spend with you, Craig and Debbie!) We love each of you and are so eternally grateful for your constant love and support!

  

As an update -- I am being released from the hospital today at 10:30am. They are letting me go home on strict bedrest which pretty much means getting up only to use the restroom, shower and go to my doctor's appointments (I'm sure there will be plenty of updates to come on that one....lots of time will be spent updating blogs and getting things done online!) I will continue the Nifedipine every 6 hours to hopefully keep contractions away, which is our ultimate goal at this point in pregnancy!

I'm at peace with things and feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and comfort. I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious....because I am a bit anxious at how the next couple of weeks and months are going to pan out. However, I know hundreds of women have done this before me, and I know it's doable....maybe not the most fun thing someone would submit herself to, haha, but we will get through it!

No comments: