Monday, October 22, 2012

breech baby....blessing in disguise (at least for now!)

I had my weekly ultrasound and appointment with my midwives today. The ultrasound today showed a good picture of the funneling (that was hard to see in last week's ultrasound, even though we knew it was there). It also showed that my cervix was still less than 1cm in length. There hasn't been much change from 2 weeks ago, when I first went on bedrest, so that is good. However, it is still short and funneled. Not good! (But obviously it's not going to close or get longer!) So....the order of bedrest stands....dang it! (Not that I was expecting them to tell me I could "go off" bedrest, but it was a nice thought, no!?)

After the ultrasound, I met with Patty, one of the nurse midwives. Baby is growing well and they are pleased with all other aspects of my pregnancy, aside from the shortening cervix. This little guy is breech (he has been  for the last 12 weeks, at least...when we had our first ultrasound). I've complained here and there to Justin about the baby being breech because my upper belly is SOOOOOOOO tight and I think it's made heartburn that much worse. (I'm not sure if Gracie was ever breech, and if she was, I'm not sure when she turned.....All I remember with her is that her feet were in my ribs for the last few weeks before she came! Not that having my ribs poked and prodded was necessarily any better than a big head pushing up against them!) After talking to Patty today, she said something that I had actually been thinking just yesterday. She said that maybe it's a little blessing that he is breech right now because it means less pressure (from a big head!) pounding on my cervix. This could be the little blessing that we need right now to keep less pressure off and keep him in longer. I will deal with the heartburn and the TIGHT tummy for now....and just pray that before it is his time to join us that he WILL turn!! 

As for some more updates about what's been going on in the Huntsman household, we were blessed to have Jenn come and visit us for the weekend to keep us company! Gracie ADORES her and we think she's pretty great ourselves! (We are hoping and praying and crossing our fingers that she gets a job HERE sometime SOON!!) 

While she was here, she and Justin and Gracie took a trip to the park, ran errands, Jenn made an awesome dinner Saturday night, we played a few rousing rounds of SkipBo, ate lots of treats, watched lots of football (or should we say, watched JUSTIN watch football, hehe) and just enjoyed her company! We are so glad she's our sister and aunt and can't wait to see her again, hopefully soon!

Gracie got lots of Jenn snuggles in....and probably monopolized Jenn's phone to play with the talking kitty apps more than Jenn probably wanted :) Good things she's patient and loves Gracie! 

No comments: