Tuesday, April 15, 2008

you never know when someone might be watching

October 14, 2007

I've been thinking alot lately about examples -- especially regarding the impact that our examples can have on people when we have NO idea that they are watching! I have been pondering a lot on how SO MANY people in these last few months have come to influence my life on such a deep level...and the majority of those influential moments came from my observations of their examples. Examples such as kindness towards others, concern for others, receiving impressions and then acting on those impressions...examples of sacrifice, love, and humor in times of need...examples of being a good listener, lending a hand, giving advice...examples of offering a smile to a stranger passing by. These quiet moments that I have been blessed to observe have helped me see the importance of always trying to be a good person -- always trying to help others and have a sincere desire to just be good. Most of all, these observations have made me pause and think about how many people are watching ME and my actions. Am I a good example to others around me? I would hope so!

I'm not a big television fan, but a few months ago, I was blessed to see a commercial for an insurance agency that happened to be very inspiring and impactful. What kind of person calls themselves blessed after watching an insurance ad? Call me crazy, but I am one of those people! Thanks to Google and YouTube, I was able to find the commercial online...It is for Liberty Mutual Insurance and can be viewed at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw97CfZtyGw

Many of you, if not all of you, who are reading this little note are people who have been good examples to me in my life -- whether you realized you were being a good example or had no idea!! And for that, I just wanted to thank each of you for impacting my life for the better.

Love, Britt

No comments: