Wednesday, June 6, 2007

being a "good one"

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~Abraham Lincoln

I ripped this quote out of a free magazine that came in the mail today. It's made me think alot about alot...mostly about me and my life and what I want to be and accomplish. I have so many things pulling me in so many different directions. It's suffocating at times.

It's hard, because I think I'm too hard on myself at times...giving myself crap for not getting things done when I'd ideally like them to be done -- often times saying one thing and doing another.

My goal is to have my actions accomplish what my lips actually say. But, then there I go again...bashing on myself, and forgetting the essence of Mr. Lincoln's profound piece of advice.

So. For tonight and tomorrow...as there are endless things that I am pretty sure I know that I cannot accomplish (for various reasons), I DO KNOW that what I can accomplish is to live tomorrow as it comes - one second, minute, hour, day at a time. And in all of that, to remember that I can be a good one at whatever I am doing.

And for right now, it's 12:06 am, so I'm gonna try and be good at sleeping. I'll start with that for now ;) (I know I can be good at that!!)

2 comments:

Austyn said...

I totally know what you mean. I think- Yeah, I can be a good unemployed person who doesn't know what the heck she is doing with her life, and I can do it good, but where is the pride in knowing you can be a good loser? Just for the record, I always think of you as a person who does 10x what the normal person does, and you do it well!!! Good quote.

nikki said...

alright, hermana hofman: it's time for an update! jk. hope all is well. we're finally coming to utah next month but you'll already be gone. sad for me but exciting for you. when do you leave?
sure miss you--take care,
nicole