Tuesday, May 15, 2007

i'm in!

So, you've inspired me Austyn! I'm not promising a whole lot of upkeep on this thing right now (I'm a major slacker when it comes to keepin' in touch and up to date), but this is kinda fun....As I haven't talked to a whole bunch of you in a LONG time (yeah, slacker) I thought I should update you all on my oh-so-exciting life :) (As that is the purpose of this blogspot, right?!) Here ya go:

School -- So, as of today May 15, 2007, I'm done with all classes pertinent to graduating from BYU. All that awaits me is my final recreational therapy internship. I turned in my application to go to the Jerusalem Center in September...I should find out in about 2 weeks whether or not they accept me (or rather, whether or not I happen to get lucky and they draw my name out of the pool of applicants....let's hope and pray they look at other qualifying factors before they start drawing names). I REALLLY REALLY want it to work out, but I'm way at peace knowing that if it doesn't happen, then I'll get going with my internship in September and be stoked about that! If I go to Jerusalem, I'll graduate next April ('08) and if not, I'll graduate in December! CRAZY!

Internship -- I'm hoping to do it at Westridge Academy in West Jordan. It's a residential treatment center for youth at risk (mostly boys right now -- they have a growing girls program) and they have a great recreational therapy program there! I'm way excited - they have some great recreational therapists and it will be nice to finally apply my major and everything I've learned and come to love in the real world.

Dating -- All that needs to be said is that I've experienced a bit of a dry spell these last few months. ;) Advice? Suggestions? Words of wisdom from you wise married folk? I'm all ears!!! Hehehe...yea. I'm hopin' that the "Summer Lovin'" starts happening sometime soon ;)




Fam -- My little brother Cor (the one just younger than me) got married 2 months ago. I have a great new sister-in-law, Jordon, who is awesome! My other little brother Johnny is doing well on his mission in Des Moines, Iowa -- doing great! It makes me really miss serving a mission. The rest of the fam is doin' rather well. I took a week off work last week to hang in Pocatello with the fam....it's always good to go home!! Although, I did a whole bunch of nothing (well, other than replace the starter in my VW - my dad is amazing! and celebrate Mother's day and talk to my missionary brother.... It's so glorious to be done with school!!

Work -- I'm working on campus this summer as a secretary at the BYU Performing Arts Management. Gotta luv campus jobs. I've been here since September and they treat me pretty good. I can't complain.

Church -- I just got called to be the Relief Society President for spring and summer. AHHHHHH!!! It's been a challenge, but exciting as well. I have NO idea what I'm doing!!! Ah well :) It will be a good experience (and it will be over in 3.5 months!!!)

Well...that's a little snippet of what's happened in the last little while. I know it's not too exciting, but hey, you get what you see!! I'm adding some pictures. If I don't keep too up to date on this (although I'll try) you can check out my Facebook page -- http://byu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=17825167 If that doesn't work (I'm guessing it probably won't b/c I think you have to be a logged in member of facebook to see it) you can join Facebook and check it out (you might as well -- Merce, Austyn, Amy and I are all on it...get with the picture Michelle and Andi..hahah. j/k)


much luv!
Britt

3 comments:

nikki said...

sweet blog! well, you better keep it up to date because i am going to check it. i'll send you a link to our blog as well. congrats on finishing up school--can't wait to hear what happens with jerusalem. and a big wow for your new calling. you'll be terrific! thanks for the update-so great to hear what's going on. con carino, nicole

Austyn said...

Brittany! Yay, welcome to the blogging world. I have no idea how it works. But I added your url onto my page,so if anyone clicks on my page, they can click on the link that takes them to yours. cool,eh? ANyway, you are the ONLY person who did it. sigh. Oh well. Maybe there is still time.....

Kimberly said...

Peeper! I love you mucho much amounts! Sorry i'm so crappy at staying in touch-I miss ya tons and I can't wait to come see you this summer...hopefully my car will make it! Welp, just know that I love you and have a most fantastic day! You're the best...have fun at the cabin (i'm so sad I can't come...)
Love ya, Kimberly Elaine